It is the last Monday morning of the school year for us. Woo hoo!
It’s been so long since the Teen has had a true summer vacation, I’m not really sure what we are going to do with ourselves! She has been in year round school since 2nd grade! I’m kind of excited.. since we won’t have to worry about school for 2 solid months, we can actually go visit hubby while he’s traveling. (He’s supposed to be in Arizona for most of June.) Of course that means that he will either 1. Not be working out-of-town or 2. Be working too far away that we can’t drive. We’ll see what happens with that!
Random thoughts from my weekend:
1. Hubby was home for all of 18 hours. He had a flight delay that caused him to miss his connection and left him stranded in Houston. at least we got to see him for a little while.
2. As per his request, I made a “Trifecta of Bacon” for dinner Saturday night. Bacon wrapped meatloaf, bacon wrapped hot dogs and an experimental bacon-maple gravy.
3. The Teen went on her first excursion with friends for her twin BFF’s birthdays. They went to a small amusement park nearby. The girls’ mom drove them, and stayed with them of course. Hubby was freaking out about it far more than I was.
4. I got to hang out with my sister on Sunday. We havent seen her in a while. It was nice. I made some oh-so delicious Baked Potato Soup for lunch/dinner. I think its our new tradition for her visits. Yummy! I ate some for lunch today too!
5. I randomly felt like eating brownies last night. So I made some from scratch, since I didn’t have any mix. I had some strawberry cheesecake ice cream on top. Also Yummy! Although, not helping with my weight loss goals.
6. I read a trashy romance novel (not on my reading list) on Friday. I think you need read one every now and then.. its good for your soul.
7. I have crossed three things off of my to-do list for the day. I’m not feeling motivated enough to do much more than that at the moment.
8. Oh, and I have been saving my receipts from my grocery shopping and whatnot lately, and I figured out that (for the reciepts I have) from April and May, I have saved $379 in just coupons in that time. Not too shabby.
Oh well.. That’s all I have for now. Hope you had a great weekend!