New Years Resolution #7= clean out my email inbox.
Yes, I am an email hoarder. (first step is admitting the problem, right? 😉 )
I usually check my email on my phone, and then don’t delete all the newsletters, sales, coupon info.. all the crap.
I forgot to look at the exact total number that were in there before I started deleting. I’m pretty sure it was in the neighborhood of 11,000-12,000.
but there were 8, 116 unread emails in my inbox. See..
I went back to the oldest one, and it is from 10/15/2010. Yea, I really need to clean house!
So, after 2 hours of filtering and deleting… unsubscribing… and deleting some more… I have it down to this:
There are actually 3,988 total in the box. Which is better than 12,000, that’s for sure. That’s about all I can handle for today.
But, at least its progress!
YAY for That!
Posted in Life, New Years Resolutions, Pictures, PostAWeek2012
Tagged deleting, email, Goals, hoarder, life, Me, New Years Resolution #7, New Years Resolutions, PostAWeek2012, Thursday
My final post of 2011…
my 2012 New Years Resolutions!
I know you’ve been dying to read them! haha!
1. Find that pesky ever-elusive financial health. Yea, we are starting off 2012 in the same pickle as we started 2011. Hubby hasn’t worked for 2 weeks and he will be off for 3 before he hits the road again. We are going to have to make some serious changes this year. First up, I refuse to any longer be the one who is solely responsible for paying the bills. Its exhausting and not fair.
2. Lose 25 pounds.
3. Be a better Auntie. I want to be the kind of Aunt that I had as a kid. And I have some pretty fantastic Aunts! 🙂 And I’m not just saying that for the one who may be reading this! She is an awesome lady! 🙂
4. Read more.
5. Try one new recipe every week (and blog about it.)
6. Keep on blogging.
7. Clean out my email inbox and my WordPress draft boxes. I am not kidding when I say I have over 9,000 emails in my inbox that have never been read. I really need to work on that. It was almost 11,000 last week I did delete a few.
8. Learn how to purge. We have a garage full of stuff that I can’t seem to get rid of. It’s really gotta go.
9. Make my etsy store a real business. I actually made some pretty okay sales for Christmas. And that was just starting in November. Imagine what I could do if I started before that!
10. Go through and organize the bazillion pictures that are on my computer.
There you have it. I guess a lot of them are more like goals than resolutions. But at least I think most of them are attainable.
I wish you a safe, happy, healthy, prosperous wonderful New Year!
Posted in Goals, Life, PostAWeek2011
Tagged Aunt, Books, email, finances, life, Me, PostAWeek2011, recipes, Saturday, Weight loss