Unplugging was hard. Sadly, it was REALLY HARD.
The funny part was that I made a deal with my Bookworm Teen that since I was unplugging to spend quality time togetheras a family, she needed to not read all day. She will just sit and read and read and read all weekend long (currently she is inteh process of reading, at last count, 6 books.) Which, is definitely NOT a bad thing.. but I thought it would be good for her not to read for just one day.
Surprisingly, I think she had a harder time not reading than I did not facebooking.
I will say that I did 2 things electronic on Saturday.
1. I did check my email to see if my last box listed on Thredup.com sold, since I was going to the post office. And it actually did, so I got to send off all 4 of my boxes!
2. I logged on to FB on my phone just to wish my niece a Happy Birthday! She turned 13 on Sat! Crazy.
And that was it. I had a pretty unplugged day. truth be told I didn’t really completely plug back in until this morning.
The Toddler has been sick and I’ve been dealing with that most of last week and all weekend. We spent this morning at the pediatrician’s office. I’m sure she’ll be better soon if I can convince her to take her medicine. That’s a big IF! sigh.
Oh, one funny thing I noticed.. on Saturday while I was out and about running errands, I found myself thinking in status updates. Probably not a good thing.
But I was making entertaining observations that I wanted to share with the world… but sadly could not. i did write a couple down. Does that make it worse?
Here they are in no particular order:
- Wow. 2 people actually asked if I needed help with my boxes at the post office. Amazing. There ARE nice people out there.
- The Toddler weighs more than the giant bag of dog food I bought.
- What a morning. I woke up covered in pee. Thankfully it was not my own.
- Apparently I can’t do math. I have a save $5 when you buy $15 if frozen food… my total came out to $14.47. Grrr.
- I don’t know which is more entertaining the pregnancy tests next to the condoms at the dollar store, or the pregnancy test and condoms in the “Reduced for Quick Sale” bin at the grocery store.
Oh, and finally- we play this game in the car where if we see an animal, I yell out its name and the Toddler makes its sound. It seems that I don’t drive anywhere by myself enough- I started to yell “Chicken!” and realized I was alone. I started to yell “Goat” on the way home. yeesh.
Overall, I think it was good. I’m going to try to do it more often. Especially when my hubby is only home for a short time. We had a good day. Got a new battery in the truck, i got to spend some quality time alone (grocery shopping) and we had a nice family dinner. I even made brunch before he left on Sunday.
Now, my focus for this week is SPRING CLEANING! Woooooooo!
I made a list last night, of some things I want to get done. Hopefully we can cross some of them off. we shall see! Oh, and I’ve decided to spend 15-30 minutes in the garage cleaning/organizing everyday and hopefully someday I will get done (and not bit by any scary spiders! eek! I found a super scary one in there yesterday!). The chaos in there is driving me insane.
Wishing everyone a wonderful week! 🙂