My Monday thus far:
1. I woke up at 6 to have some “quiet time.” What actually happened: I got up, realized that my darling toddler had climbed into bed with us and proceeded to have the leakiest diaper EVER… she was soaked, the bed was soaked… yuck. I went downstairs to make coffee, (there was no coping with the pee without coffee) and sat down on the couch and fell asleep for an hour, went back upstairs to get dressed and fell asleep for half an hour. I just couldn’t stay awake!
2. Soaking wet toddler woke up, got her cleaned up & dressed. Then literally one minute before we needed to be walking out the door she starts saying “Pee Pee Pee!” She peed again and it somehow ended up everywhere again UGH.
3. My 12-year-old somehow can’t remember to put on a belt or drink juice with breakfast. She also “doesn’t have time” to do anything, but she has time to fight with me about how much time she doesn’t have.
4. On our walk this morning, the dog was so excited and in such a big hurry I almost lost control of the stroller off of the curb. Luckily I managed to regain control of everyone. whew!
5. I have laundry to finish.
6. The entire house to clean, I am getting company on Friday.
7. A gigantic red wedding dress costume to finish start.
Its going to be a long day. I don’t even know where to start. I would much rather enjoy sitting on the couch curled up under a blanket with my coffee and a book.
Oh, and the dog has been barking his head off (for the last hour or so) while the landscaper cuts all the grass in the neighborhood.
All I can say- Thank goodness for coffee… lots and lots of coffee.