A Wonderfully Wacky Wednesday

Hello Blog day 2. Wow, that is corny.. cheesy… lame-o… I promise to never do that again! 🙂

I don’t think I mentioned this, but K is at camp this week, so it’s just me and the KT until next Tuesday.  That fact definitely makes life interesting and quite challenging to say the least.

I tried really hard to go to sleep Tuesday night at a decent time. Decent= any time before 2 am. And as in most every night I failed miserably. At 6:45 the garbage truck making a giant ruckus scared the crap out of me.  I tried to go back to sleep, but alas the weather report and the beginning of the Today show sucked me in.  Just as I was dozing off again around 7:30 Miss KT came in and made sure I definitely wasn’t getting to go back to sleep. Oh well, I was planning on getting up at 8 anyway.

I had decided to lose my mind and try to take KT to the movies for the first time.  She’s been to the drive in with us a few times, but there she can be the maniac that she is without irritating everyone else..  so the movie theater was going to be an interesting experience.

Regal Theaters have their Free Family Film Festival running all summer. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10am they show (sort of old) family movies for FREE! Can’t beat that! Especially with a toddler! And the closest theater is  about 100 feet (okay maybe a little farther) from our house. We could totally walk there.  Check it out! http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx?state=CA

I talked to KT about going to the movie theater and she was very excited! Especially when I mentioned popcorn.  She LOOOOVES “Pock-corn”!  We headed over. Our choices were “Ice Age” or “Stuart Little”. I opted for “Stuart Little” thinking that the talking mice and cats would entertain her.  Now, I realize Ice Age was probably  the better way to go.

I decided to get a small “pock-corn” and a diet coke…. which was $12.75!! The small popcorn was seriously $6.00. Highway robbery. But at least I didn’t have to pay to get in. She did pretty good.  She loved the popcorn, and even though the seat kept trying to swallow her, she watched the movie for an entire hour.  After that she started getting really antsy and when she whacked the lady in front of us in the head, I knew it was time to go.

After that we had some lunch, I actually unpacked some boxes (We moved about a month ago, which is a whole ordeal unto itself).  We spent a little time outside playing in the sand,  it was pretty hot so I didn’t want to be out there long.  There was play dough playing, blocks, coloring… and the list goes on and on… she’s a busy busy kid.

Overall it was a god day… We had a nice dinner of Orange Chicken from trader Joe’s (which is REALLY good for frozen!), we had a Skype call with Grandma… and after we got off the call, I realized that I was FREEZING!  The A/C was on, so I didn’t think much of it, until I noticed that it was more than a chill…. I had a fever! So randomly weird!

Its gone now, and I pretty much feel okay now. I could take a nap though…. but only if my little busy-body takes one first!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s